University of Bohol
The University of Bohol or U.B. is a private non-sectarian co-educational institution of higher learning in Tagbilaran City, Bohol, Philippines.
It was established as the Rafael Palma College in 1946. The main building is situated along Maria Clara Street with some departments in the vicinity. It is the first university to be established in the province of Bohol.
The University of Bohol was originally named Rafael Palma College after the late Dr. Rafael Palma.
After World War II in 1946, the Boholanos welcomed the birth of a local college whose first members of the Board of Trustees were: Dr. Pio C. Castro, President; Mr. Mariano Rocha, Vice-President; Atty. Felix Magdales, Secretary; Mr. Catalino Castillo, Treasurer; and Atty. Donato Galia, member. The first permits for the pioneer courses were granted by the Bureau of Private Schools on June 10, 1946 through the efforts of Atty. Victoriano D. Tirol, Sr.
In July 1946, there were 622 students in the College. The institution now offers instruction at post graduate, collegiate, secondary and elementary levels.
The idea of the founders was to establish a non-sectarian, non-profit, and non-political school that would offer instruction within the reach of the common man. The school is supported by subscription from citizens who have devoted themselves to the cause of raising the educational and cultural horizon of the people.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia